Monday, June 27, 2011

soup swapping

About a year or so ago I signed up to a free newsletter from the website Simple Savings. One of their recent newsletters had the idea of doing a soup swap with friends which I thought was a great idea, especially now that it's getting pretty cold here! Luckily I have a few crafty friends who are also great cooks so at our craft morning last weekend we all brought along enough soup to share with each other. We all made enough for 8 adults, so by making one big pot of soup we got 3 delicious soups to enjoy plus the one we made. 
The soups we swapped were a corn and bacon chowder, an Alison Holst creamy lentil and vegetable soup, a carrot, red lentil and kumara soup and a chorizo and lentil soup.  Loving our lentils!
I made the chorizo and lentil one after seeing it on 'Good Morning' about a month ago. Here's the recipe if you like the sound of it... http://tvnz.co.nz/good-morning/nicola-s-spicy-sausage-lentil-soup-4145740.
Lentil and vege soup with cheese on toast-yum!


We're thinking of doing some more swaps too- maybe a casserole swap and a cookie swap too after seeing Sarah's awesome swap last christmas.   
A good idea don't you think!

Megan x

12 comments:

tartankiwi said...

Great idea! I reckon the Christchurch bloggers might have to give this a go too!

Melissa said...

That is such a great idea!! Love it!! At work we are in the process of making a booklet with peoples fave soup recipe. Everyone who wanted a booklet had to email in a recipe, I am looking forward to getting a few new recipes.

Anonymous said...

This is a brilliant idea!! Hmmm I wonder if any of my friends would be interested in doing something similar.

x

Michele @ The Hills are Alive said...

great idea

Mika said...

My friend and I did this. I made a big batch for my fam and her family. Then she made a big batch to share with us.
Was so lovely to get this nice hearty meal and not do any of the cooking!
You've just reminded me that I need to do it again!

Becky (Hazel and Blue) said...

Soup swap is a great idea to find new recipes and share your love of food.Love the look of the chorizo, red lentil recipe for your soup.Bx

Cat said...

OK can someone please find me some Auckland bloggers ... ... ... this sounds like a FAB idea ::))

Flower said...

Brilliant! I'd love the recipe for the carrot, lentil & kumera....please please? all sound totally delish & what a great idea to boost some inspiration into tea time. xxx nom nom

Karlene said...

What a fab idea! Thanks for the link to the soup recipe (and also for the nudge to watch morning tv - I love it and cant remeber the last time I contolled the remote, we're always on Disney!). I really like the idea of a cookie swap too.

fee @ chipper nelly said...

really good idea!
cold here too - and it's out summer!
fee x

Leah said...

Hi Megan, I found the scarf pattern on Ravelry and the link is http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/van-ness-scarf. Let me know if you have any prob finding it. I have made 4 of these now and they work up really quickly and are pretty easy, with the result looking like it was much trickier to make! Have fun - I look forward to seeing your scarf in the future!!

sascha at toddler tastes said...

I soooooooooo love this idea. I hope you don't mind but I mentioned this on my blog and put a link straight to your blog. This idea needs to be encouraged!

Related Posts with Thumbnails