Thursday, September 29, 2011

scallop admiration

Are you loving the scalloped edges popping up everywhere at the moment? I am, especially after seeing my friend Anna's gorgeous homemade scallop shaped bunting for her daughters bedroom. And then on Facebook later that day I saw these cute scallop treat boxes from the lovely new party product store Dots and Spots which gave me the idea to do a little scallop admiration post.
Bicycle scallop pendant
Scalloped hem t-shirt dress - made to order

and here are a few tutorials as well...

crochet scalloped bunting :: free pattern
Home5
After all that inspiration I just had to do some scallop crafting of my own so I made a little purse to hold craft supplies and a pin cushion and needle book for a friend's birthday. Think I may have gilded the lily a bit with my decoration but I guess that's what happens when you are making it up as you go along!
(If you like the look of the blue 'vintage threads' fabric I bought it from Stitchbird Fabrics.)
Megan x
Last day to sign up for the Rugby World Cup country swap tomorrow! Have had lots of overseas people sign ups this week thank you so hopefully will be able to match up nearly all the kiwi swappers with an overseas swapper :)

8 comments:

Katie said...

Oooh, I love scallops. I have a scallop border punch which gets used often and I've just bought some little scallop circles from Etsy - no idea what I'm going to do with them yet but couldn't resist them!

Jenny said...

I LOVE scallops too - My sister has some scalloped edged shorts which I'm totally jealous of. Jenny :)

Tammi said...

So much scallop goodness here :)
I made a scalloped edged bunting for a friends twins last year...loved it so much that I made one for myself too.

x

fee @ chipper nelly said...

why, I hadn't realised just how much I like a scallop! loving that little black dress...fee x

Rochelle's Lenz said...

oh and the Scallop festival in Whitianga - my favourite of all things scallop!

Hazel Schreiner said...

Oh how delightful! I especially love the cutsie shorts from Country Road!

:) Hazel
hazellovesdesign.blogspot.com

hassam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katie said...

Great post. I LOVE scallops. Maybe someone here could help me out? I have been looking for a large scallop circle punch any ideas where I could get one? The gift you made is cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails